Saturday, February 18, 2017

Day 50

We got discharged home for the weekend! On Thursday Sebastian's neutrophils count was 400 and the doctor sent us home on an overnight pass thinking his neutrophil count would probably increase to 700 by Friday and we could start his next phase. It was only 600 though and the decision was made to discharge us home for the weekend, let his counts continue to recover, and give us a much deserved and appreciated break. I was a bit torn, wanting to have a few days at home (I haven't slept in my own bed since December 23rd when we left for Christmas holidays), and also wanting to start treatments and get on with it, the sooner its over the better. Alas, we got the break and being home has been so awesome and definitely something we all needed! Packing up the hospital room was interesting...who knew you could accumulate so much stuff in a month! We will be re-admitted to the Oncology unit Monday night and treatment will begin Tuesday morning with a bone marrow aspirate and chemo injected into his spinal fluid. I'm gonna go enjoy my time home with my boys!




No comments:

Post a Comment