Thursday, September 14, 2017

Week Six

This is the last week of my Facebook posts I had shared to keep everyone in the loop, and this post will get me caught up on our last stay in the hospital.

On Day +36 (Aug 12th) we had no more fevers and and nothing else showing up in Bash's blood cultures. He's looking and feeling great! We may be able to start short passes again soon. He learned in the last couple days how to clap, show how big he is, flex his muscles, kiss the air, and will sometimes hold up a finger when we ask him how old he is! Smart little guy! He melts my heart.

Day +37 and we got a pass home for a few hours. Doctors determined Bash has a Streptococcus Salivarius infection, most likely caught from himself as it's a normal bug that lives in your body. He's on the right antibiotic and will hopefully be discharged on Aug 25th. Until then we will be given daily passes between his IV antibiotics he gets every 6 hours. He's definitely on the mend and we can't wait to bring him home for good. 

Day +38 was good. We had a 5 hour pass home which was great! Bash didn't nap or sleep well yesterday so was a bit fussy today. His red blood cells are also starting to dip and he may need a transfusion soon. He was switched to another antibiotic that only needs to be given once daily and we should be getting longer passes. There was also talk about it being switched from IV to oral, if that happens we may be discharged sooner than the 25th!!


Day +39. Bash was very unsettled overnight and tired this morning. The antibiotic he was on causes some GI tract discomfort. He's still teething and his red blood cells are getting low making him cranky too. Thankfully they switched him yesterday to yet another antibiotic that is given once daily over 15 mins and isn't as harsh on his tummy. It was decided not to give blood yet and see if his body will produce RBC's on its own. Oh, and also we were discharged home!!! We will need to go into the hospital once a day for the course of the antibiotics, then just our normal twice a week visits to the outpatient clinic. So happy to be home again! 

Day +40! We are still at home, yay! We had to go in to the outpatient clinic for blood work and Bash's daily antibiotic. His RBC's started coming up on their own thankfully. We get a nurse to our house tomorrow for the antibiotic and go back to clinic again Friday for blood work. Bash is a bit off/not himself, and seems to have some tummy issues. Hoping it's just the antibiotics and not the start of Graft vs host disease. You're doing great buddy, we got this.

Day +41. The home care nurse came today to give Bash his antibiotic. It was so awesome not having to go into clinic, it only took 5 mins! He seems to be feeling a bit better and is getting braver about exploring his world. He's starting to get hair and his eyebrows are looking dark - 'hairy baby' is a side effect of one of his meds. Will be neat to see what he looks like with hair again, it's been so long. We go to clinic tomorrow morning for a checkup, blood tests, and antibiotics. I'm going to start doing my updates on the blog now that we are home, thanks everyone for following along! The thoughts, prayers, and well wishes, the meals, the support, it's all so very appreciated. He's doing great and we are so proud of him. We love you Sebastian!

1 comment:

  1. Glory be the Name of the( LORD JESUS)
    My name is vivian damian from UNITED STATE OF AMERICAN. I want to thank the Almighty GOD for using a herbalist man Dr ogedegbe to cure my lungs cancer with his herbal medicine.
    i have been sicking of Lungs cancer for the past three years,going for different kind of hospital to cure my Lungs cancer, I Always take treatment giving to me in the Hospital still yet no cure.Am a christian that always believe in God that one day He we surely hear my prayer.On a faithful day i was searching on the internet how to get cure from lungs cancer, i got a testimony from David Clara telling everyone about Dr ogedegbe herbal medicine that cured her sister breast cancer and capable to cure any deadly diseases, i was scared because the doctor is from Nigeria, i contact Clara David about my problem that am facing for some years now she encourage me and tell me to contact Dr ogedegbe that his a great herbalist that God has sent to her each and everyone of us.I have to give him a try, i contacted him and tell him my problem that am facing and he told me what to do which i did and also send him money for shipping the Herbs medicine to me true EMS delivery .i receive the herbs from the EMS office. i use it as Dr ogedegbe instructed me too.
    After some days of drinking the herbs medicine i feel changes in me the pain was no more,i went to hospital to see the result that the Doctor we give me, the Doctor was surprise the Lungs cancer was no more am really happy now that the (LORD JESUS) has finally hear my prayer .
    i went back to Dr ogedegbe and info him about the miracle he has done in my Life i could never forget .
    My beloved brothers and sister if anyone of you or your relative is having problem that could not solve from the hospital please contact Dr ogedegbe and save a soul
    Via mail Or whats app Him dr.ogedegbeherbalhome@gmail.com +2348101572895 you can mail me if you need more information viviandamian90@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete